See inside new Iceland Food Warehouse in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Crowds gathered in Ipswich for the opening of the town’s latest supermarket - an Iceland Food Warehouse at Euro Retail Park.
The 8,694sq ft store is aimed at family bulk buying, with special deals on larger packs of frozen food and some household goods.
This £750,000 supermarket has created 30 new jobs and is alongside B&M store and Sports Direct.
Manager Simon Adcock opened the doors at 9am, with about 100 shoppers queuing up to have a look.
He said: "These stores are very popular. They offer all the range of food and goods and the opportunity to bulk buy and save more money is popular.
You may also want to watch:
"It fits in with people who want to do bigger shops.
"One of our most popular items is 5kg bags of chicken."
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 4 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 Two cars crash in Crown Street, Ipswich