See inside new Iceland Food Warehouse in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Crowds gathered in Ipswich for the opening of the town’s latest supermarket - an Iceland Food Warehouse at Euro Retail Park.
The 8,694sq ft store is aimed at family bulk buying, with special deals on larger packs of frozen food and some household goods.
This £750,000 supermarket has created 30 new jobs and is alongside B&M store and Sports Direct.
Manager Simon Adcock opened the doors at 9am, with about 100 shoppers queuing up to have a look.
He said: "These stores are very popular. They offer all the range of food and goods and the opportunity to bulk buy and save more money is popular.
You may also want to watch:
"It fits in with people who want to do bigger shops.
"One of our most popular items is 5kg bags of chicken."
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 6 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 7 Volunteers needed to help leading attraction prepare for future
- 8 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 9 Is government considering longer working week post-Brexit?
- 10 Teenager walking round every Ipswich street to raise money for charity