Ipswich care homes sold in £13m deal
Two care homes on the outskirts of Ipswich have been sold for £12.9m.
Real estate investment trust Impact Healthcare REIT has acquired Baylham Care Centre and Barham Care Centre.
MORE: Is this Suffolk B&B the best in the UK?The firm will be leasing the care homes out to specialist health and social care provider Optima Care - with initial rent set at £950,000.
Baylham Care Centre, in Upper Street, is a 55-bed purpose-built care home which is currently rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
While Barham Care Centre, near Claydon, has a 43-bed capacity as was rated a Good during its latest Ofsted Inspection.
In 2017, the care home was extended by 17 bedrooms and there is an opportunity to further expand the site.
You may also want to watch:
An Impact Healthcare REIT spokesman added: "There is a further asset management opportunity to extend the home through building 21 new bedrooms with full bathrooms, while removing 11 bedrooms in the existing single storey extension, adding a net 10 bedrooms to the home."
- 1 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon