Ipswich: £1.2m project to stimulate creative sector businesses
- Credit: Archant
Partners from the UK and France will meet next month to discuss the overall progress of a £1.2million project that will establish a creative hub at Ipswich’s Town Hall.
Work on the RECREATE project will get under way in the autumn and run through 2014 and into 2015 to develop a support network for new creative sector start-ups, which could also link up with similar businesses in France.
European Union funding worth up to £600,000 has been allocated for the project, which will be matched by the same amount from the three local partners, Ipswich Borough Council, CSV Media Clubhouse and the Eastern Enterprise Hub.
Ipswich Borough Council’s Economic Development portfolio-holder, Councillor Carole Jones, said: “The RECREATE project has clear potential for rejuvenating the town centre and providing real assistance to creative people to bring employment and new business to Ipswich, which is the council’s top priority.
“We want to be able to turn Ipswich into a real centre for creative businesses and working with CSV Media and the Eastern Enterprise Hub we can offer a great opportunity for these new businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
CSV Media says Recreate will also look to develop alternative creative spaces across the town, promoting a wide range of activity, ensuring that the diverse creative community is engaged in the project throughout.
If you are an aspiring creative, based in or around Ipswich, and you are interested in participating in the project, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 New rules on dog control and fouling proposed for Ipswich parks