Ipswich: Artisti duo’s first show at the Waterfront
Inspired by Suffolk - its skys and the beauty of nature
Husband and wife artistic duo David and Jenny Parsons make their Ipswich debut at the John Russell Gallery at the Waterfront.
The Suffolk-based artists have returned to this country after ten years in the arid surroundings of Languedoc in the south of France where they lived and painted.
Although they loved the glorious location they missed Britain.
David and Jenny met at the Birmingingham Art School and worked in education alongside producing their own work.
The pair say during the time they have been back in this country there has been a definite evolution in their work.
In David’s case his arrival in Suffolk has changed the shape of some of his paintings - turning traditional, horizontal landscapes into vertical portraits and witha particular fascination with clouds.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
He give prominence to the Suffolk sky, which has become an obsession.
Jenny has a passion for flowers, plants and gardens and creates lush, vibrant and highly detailed images.
Their Suffolk garden was created by their son Sam and his partner Annie who are Chelstea silver medal-wining landscape designers, and these surroundings provide a wonderful source and subject matter for Jenny’s paintings.
David and Jenny work at home, in separate studios, producing their own signature works.
Their show at the John Russell Gallery continues until June 21, 2014.