Cheers! Ipswich Beer Festival gets set to return after near 10-year hiatus
- Credit: Archant
The popular Ipswich Beer Festival is set to make a welcome return this week after nearly 10 years away.
The event at Ipswich Corn Exchange opens at 6pm on Thursday, September 19.
There will be dozens of real ales, craft beers and ciders on offer, with around 9,000 pints set to be consumed over the three days.
They range from porters and stouts to bitters and lagers, as well as even German-style brews.
The new festival is being organised and sponsored by Hopsters of Ipswich and features beers from Suffolk craft breweries and right across the country from the Channel Islands to Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Barnes, from Hopsters, said: "It is really coming on.
"We have had a lot of support. I think people are really pleased to see the beer festival back at the Corn Exchange after all this time.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
"Advance ticket sales have been good. It has been a really good response. There is a lot of enthusiasm for it, it seems. We are promoting other local businesses at the festival."
The festival includes promotion for the Sound City Ipswich live music project, he said, with live entertainment on stage at the Friday and Saturday night sessions too.
Advance tickets are available from Hopsters in St Nicholas Street.
On the door Thursday evening, Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon admission is £8.80, Friday and Saturday evening sessions are £13.75.