Cheers! Ipswich Beer Festival gets set to return after near 10-year hiatus
- Credit: Archant
The popular Ipswich Beer Festival is set to make a welcome return this week after nearly 10 years away.
The event at Ipswich Corn Exchange opens at 6pm on Thursday, September 19.
There will be dozens of real ales, craft beers and ciders on offer, with around 9,000 pints set to be consumed over the three days.
They range from porters and stouts to bitters and lagers, as well as even German-style brews.
The new festival is being organised and sponsored by Hopsters of Ipswich and features beers from Suffolk craft breweries and right across the country from the Channel Islands to Scotland.
Ed Barnes, from Hopsters, said: "It is really coming on.
"We have had a lot of support. I think people are really pleased to see the beer festival back at the Corn Exchange after all this time.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
"Advance ticket sales have been good. It has been a really good response. There is a lot of enthusiasm for it, it seems. We are promoting other local businesses at the festival."
The festival includes promotion for the Sound City Ipswich live music project, he said, with live entertainment on stage at the Friday and Saturday night sessions too.
Advance tickets are available from Hopsters in St Nicholas Street.
On the door Thursday evening, Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon admission is £8.80, Friday and Saturday evening sessions are £13.75.