Ipswich/Berlin: Jessica flies the flag for the UK
- Credit: Archant
Hairstylist Jessica is a national winner
Hairstylist Jessica Hay, from Ipswich, is a real winner - and now she will be representing the UK in Germany.
Jessica, from Hanks Hairdressing in Nacton Road, was the Gold winner in the New Talent category in the Goldwell Color Zoom 2014 competition.
Three national winners wer chosen, with Jessica in the New Talent category (stylist with less than five years hairdressing experience), and the UK Gold Winners will travel to Berlin to compete in the Global Color Zoom event - live.
Among the runners-up in Jessica’s section was Amy Wardley of John Olivers, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were announced at the annual Goldwell Color Zoom Party at B1 @ Victoria House, in London.
This year’s Color Zoom trend, Reallusion, was the theme of the night.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 5 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
The evening included demonstrations by top UK stylists, music and the awards.
James Hanks and wife Laura run Hanks Hairdressing in Nacton Road, east Ipswich.
He said: “Jessica is very talented. We are very proud of her.
“It is tremendous that a salon in a small town like Ipswich has won this national award, It is a great achievement.
“We are proud of the whole team.”
Jessica said: “it was a great surprise. Obviously we were confident, you want to win, and we put a lot of hard work into it, but when we saw the other finalists, and the high standard, you don’t think you are going to.
“I am really excited about going to Berlin, and nervous too.”
Former Deben High School, Felixtowe pupil Jessica,23, has been hairdressing four years. “Since I qualified,” and started out as a Saturday girl.
The UK Gold winners will travel to Berlin for in October compete on the Global Color Zoom event, where they will each have to recreate their winning Reallusion interpretation in three hours, live, for judges.
Jessica Hay will travel with her model Chloe Price along with James and Laura Hanks.
Global Color Zoom winners will join the international Color Zoom team and work on the Color Zoom collection for 2016.