Ipswich/Berlin: Jessica flies the flag for the UK
- Credit: Archant
Hairstylist Jessica is a national winner
Hairstylist Jessica Hay, from Ipswich, is a real winner - and now she will be representing the UK in Germany.
Jessica, from Hanks Hairdressing in Nacton Road, was the Gold winner in the New Talent category in the Goldwell Color Zoom 2014 competition.
Three national winners wer chosen, with Jessica in the New Talent category (stylist with less than five years hairdressing experience), and the UK Gold Winners will travel to Berlin to compete in the Global Color Zoom event - live.
Among the runners-up in Jessica’s section was Amy Wardley of John Olivers, Ipswich.
The winners were announced at the annual Goldwell Color Zoom Party at B1 @ Victoria House, in London.
This year’s Color Zoom trend, Reallusion, was the theme of the night.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
The evening included demonstrations by top UK stylists, music and the awards.
James Hanks and wife Laura run Hanks Hairdressing in Nacton Road, east Ipswich.
He said: “Jessica is very talented. We are very proud of her.
“It is tremendous that a salon in a small town like Ipswich has won this national award, It is a great achievement.
“We are proud of the whole team.”
Jessica said: “it was a great surprise. Obviously we were confident, you want to win, and we put a lot of hard work into it, but when we saw the other finalists, and the high standard, you don’t think you are going to.
“I am really excited about going to Berlin, and nervous too.”
Former Deben High School, Felixtowe pupil Jessica,23, has been hairdressing four years. “Since I qualified,” and started out as a Saturday girl.
The UK Gold winners will travel to Berlin for in October compete on the Global Color Zoom event, where they will each have to recreate their winning Reallusion interpretation in three hours, live, for judges.
Jessica Hay will travel with her model Chloe Price along with James and Laura Hanks.
Global Color Zoom winners will join the international Color Zoom team and work on the Color Zoom collection for 2016.