£1 million hotel on the market
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The 16-bedroom Best Western Gatehouse Hotel is for sale for nearly £1m.
Offers in the region of £950,000 are being invited for the hotel in the northern outskirts of Ipswich which is part Grade II listed and is set in almost 3 acres of gardens and grounds.
The medium-sized hotel is accessed from Old Norwich Road and there is a Georgian main building plus a three bedroom gate house, another outbuilding and a staff house.
Inside the main building there are public areas including a bar a 40-cover Gatehouse restaurant and a reception area.
The current owners acquired the hotel in 2007 and it is highly rated on Trip Advisor, as number 8 out of 19 hotels featured in Ipswich and with 77% of reviewers rating it as Excellent or Good.
You may also want to watch:
The reason for the sale is the owners wish to scale back on their business commitments becaues of health reasons.
The hotel has 16 bedrooms, 11 of which are doubles/twins. Four are singles, and there is a family room.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
Specialist business agent Colliers International (Hotels) is marketing the Gatehouse Hotel.