£1 million hotel on the market
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The 16-bedroom Best Western Gatehouse Hotel is for sale for nearly £1m.
Offers in the region of £950,000 are being invited for the hotel in the northern outskirts of Ipswich which is part Grade II listed and is set in almost 3 acres of gardens and grounds.
The medium-sized hotel is accessed from Old Norwich Road and there is a Georgian main building plus a three bedroom gate house, another outbuilding and a staff house.
Inside the main building there are public areas including a bar a 40-cover Gatehouse restaurant and a reception area.
The current owners acquired the hotel in 2007 and it is highly rated on Trip Advisor, as number 8 out of 19 hotels featured in Ipswich and with 77% of reviewers rating it as Excellent or Good.
The reason for the sale is the owners wish to scale back on their business commitments becaues of health reasons.
The hotel has 16 bedrooms, 11 of which are doubles/twins. Four are singles, and there is a family room.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
Specialist business agent Colliers International (Hotels) is marketing the Gatehouse Hotel.