The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- Credit: Katy Sandalls
New job listings have hinted that the well known bar and restaurant brand, The Botanist, could be coming to Ipswich soon.
It was understood last October that the chain had been in discussions with Ipswich Borough Council to take over the Old Post Office building on the Cornhill for some time.
However, at the time it was not believed anything had been signed with the company.
Now, new job listings have started to appear on the careers section of The Botanists' parent company's website, New World Trading Company.
A head chef, sous chef, general manager and assistant general manager are all being sought in adverts placed in the last week on the company's website.
The listings do not mention any further details about where the new restaurant will be located or when it will open.
You may also want to watch:
All the jobs are listed as permanent rather than as a part of a pop-up venture.
The Old Post Office has had a £1 million restoration in the past few months.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Much of the restoration work has been done to the building's roof where stone urns and finials were recreated to replace those that were removed in 1940 to prevent them being damaged during the war.
In recent weeks much of the scaffolding and plastic on the building has been removed to reveal the completed exterior of the building.
It is understood that completing work on the interior of the building will be the responsibility of the new tenant.
The Botanist has a reputation for taking over landmark buildings in towns and cities and currently has 21 locations across the UK.
The Botanist has been contacted for comment.