Ipswich: Bus users call for Christmas deal to rival that announced for Park & Ride service
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers are being lured into the town centre this Christmas with a free Park & Ride service on Thursday afternoons but more could be done, claim residents.
It was revealed today that the Park & Ride will be free from 3pm on Thursdays in the build-up to Christmas
Sarah Austin, who uses the regular bus service, feels it is unfair that the free service is not being extended to all forms of public transport.
She said: “I pay £1.80 for a single bus journey. They used to do a reduced fare of £1 for after 3pm, considering it is going to be a busy time anyway, they should do this again for Christmas.”
However, fellow shopper Mr Heston said the deal could tempt in to use the Park & Ride.
He said: “I drive past it everyday and do sometimes wonder whether I should pull in. But yeah, I would definitely be more inclined to use it if it was free.”
You may also want to watch:
Will you use the Park & Ride this Christmas?
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August