Ipswich: Bus users call for Christmas deal to rival that announced for Park & Ride service
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers are being lured into the town centre this Christmas with a free Park & Ride service on Thursday afternoons but more could be done, claim residents.
It was revealed today that the Park & Ride will be free from 3pm on Thursdays in the build-up to Christmas
Sarah Austin, who uses the regular bus service, feels it is unfair that the free service is not being extended to all forms of public transport.
She said: “I pay £1.80 for a single bus journey. They used to do a reduced fare of £1 for after 3pm, considering it is going to be a busy time anyway, they should do this again for Christmas.”
However, fellow shopper Mr Heston said the deal could tempt in to use the Park & Ride.
He said: “I drive past it everyday and do sometimes wonder whether I should pull in. But yeah, I would definitely be more inclined to use it if it was free.”
Will you use the Park & Ride this Christmas?
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
- 9 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 10 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign