Ipswich designer is short-listed for innovation award
- Credit: Archant
The DevelopHER awards recognise the work of women in technology
A 25-year-old designer who helped transform a Ipswich PR company into a full creative agency has been shortlisted for an award for innovation.
Pippa Geaves joined Prominent PR in August 2015 as an account executive and within six months was promoted to a management role.
And now she has beaten hundreds of nominees to reach the finals of The DevelopHER Awards recognising women who work in the technology sector in East Anglia.
She said: “I am absolutely thrilled to have been shortlisted. The sector is desperately short of female role models and has been a man’s world for too long.
“Awards like these help inspire a new generation to become developers, technicians, project managers, testers and digital experts.”
Pippa was singled out for achieving huge success in a short space of time.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
She currently delivers a full graphic design and web development service to compliment Prominent PR’s copywriting and media strategy provision.
Her work has included designing and building websites from scratch, full brand development, the creation of extensive marketing collateral and provision of creative consultation.
Helen Rudd, director of Prominent PR, said: “Pippa consistently receives praise from clients, has a can-do attitude and goes above and beyond to deliver excellent work with minute attention to detail.
“She has a superb eye for design and has changed the way our company works. In short, for a 25-year-old who is relatively new to the world of work, she is a complete inspiration.”
Prominent PR is already an award-winning business and scooped the Gold award for the Best Low Budget Campaign of the Year at the CIPR PRide awards last year.
It was also shortlisted in the Corporate and Business Comms section at this year’s event, with its PR editorial manager Holly Court singled out in the Young Communicator of the Year category.
The company’s clients include a host of Suffolk companies and organisations including Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk County Council, KLH Architects, NJ Architects, Echo Barrier and Attwells Solicitors.
It also represents Sunsquare which won Best Business in the EADT Business Awards.