Ipswich: Developing businesses in a digital world
- Credit: Archant
Town Topics with Ipswich Chamber of Commerce
When you speak to successful businesses large and small around Ipswich, they will always share that large parts of their success are down to learning from others and being guided and advised on their way to that success.
That is why as a Chamber we are excited about the continued improving economic conditions and that is why new initiatives such as the Growing Business Fund and the Growth Hub, supported by Suffolk County Council and the New Anglia LEP, will make a real and lasting difference to Ipswich plc.
Growth Hub’s are a free business support programme that are helping businesses reach their full potential.
The ‘hubs’, which are based across the regions, provide information via websites, business advisers, a telephone helpdesk and access to grant funding that equips ambitious firms.
The Growing Business Fund is already in place and we have seen one local firm, Crafted, an ambitious digital marketing agency which aspires to become the Digital Hub of East Anglia, being awarded a £60,000 grant to support its expansion plans.
Business has been vocal that, as the leader of the UK coming out of recession, it doesn’t want or need a hand out from Government or other bodies, but does need a hand up to work alongside new up and coming firms that will play an important role in the local economy in the years ahead.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Therefore, via the Growth Hub, the opportunity to meet and speak with business advisers, to attend specific networking events and to apply for growth funds really is and will make a difference.
Ipswich Chamber of Commerce