Ipswich: Developing businesses in a digital world
- Credit: Archant
Town Topics with Ipswich Chamber of Commerce
When you speak to successful businesses large and small around Ipswich, they will always share that large parts of their success are down to learning from others and being guided and advised on their way to that success.
That is why as a Chamber we are excited about the continued improving economic conditions and that is why new initiatives such as the Growing Business Fund and the Growth Hub, supported by Suffolk County Council and the New Anglia LEP, will make a real and lasting difference to Ipswich plc.
Growth Hub’s are a free business support programme that are helping businesses reach their full potential.
The ‘hubs’, which are based across the regions, provide information via websites, business advisers, a telephone helpdesk and access to grant funding that equips ambitious firms.
You may also want to watch:
The Growing Business Fund is already in place and we have seen one local firm, Crafted, an ambitious digital marketing agency which aspires to become the Digital Hub of East Anglia, being awarded a £60,000 grant to support its expansion plans.
Business has been vocal that, as the leader of the UK coming out of recession, it doesn’t want or need a hand out from Government or other bodies, but does need a hand up to work alongside new up and coming firms that will play an important role in the local economy in the years ahead.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 6 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 7 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
Therefore, via the Growth Hub, the opportunity to meet and speak with business advisers, to attend specific networking events and to apply for growth funds really is and will make a difference.
Ipswich Chamber of Commerce