Ipswich: Fashion boutique Marianna reaches final of the Drapers Independent Awards
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich fashion boutique Marianna has been announced as a finalist in the highly coveted national Drapers Independent Awards 2014.
The boutique, in its 10th year, is in St Peter’s Street, between the centre of town and the Waterfront.
Drapers are the authority in the UK fashion business and their awards celebrate innovation and talent within the fashion retailing community, identifying who is leading the way in the independent sector.
Owner and stylist Emma Lloyd said: “We are thrilled to be Premium Fashion Independent finalists, putting Ipswich on the map at the most prestigious awards ceremony in the fashion retail industry.
“It is a huge achievement and recognition of all the Marianna team’s hard work and commitment that has gone into making us one of Suffolk’s most treasured businesses.”
Emma added: “To be a Drapers finalist in 2014 is particularly pertinent as it is our 10th anniversary this September. To be shortlisted is a fitting achievement as we continue to bring our customers hand-picked pieces that flatter and make a stir.”
Marianna specialises in collections from premium Scandinavian designers including By Malene Birger, Kristensen Du Nord, Hofmann, Aiayu and Custommade.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
She said: “Independent business owners like myself work incredibly hard to keep our local high streets thriving and creating great character and individuality in an area. St Peter’s and St Nicholas Streets in Ipswich are inspiring examples with fabulous gift shops, florists, hairdressers, restaurants, beauty salons and boutiques.”
In 2013, Emma launched the Marianna online shop. Also last year, Marianna was voted one of the UK’s 100 best “Inspiring Independents” by Drapers.
The winners of the 2014 Drapers awards will be announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday, September 17.