Ipswich: Hawkshead outdoor clothing chain to set up shop in former Early Learning Centre store
- Credit: Archant
Clothing chain Hawkshead is set to open a new store in the Buttermarket next month.
The chain, which was founded in the Lake District village that shares its name, is now part of the Regatta clothing group.
It is currently fitting out the store that was previously occupied by the Early Learning Centre.
Hawkshead is well-known among those who like the outdoor life – selling waterproof clothes, walking boots and shoes, and warm outer wear as well as everyday casual clothes.
It has branches at many of the country’s tourist hotspots like the Peak District, Snowdonia and the Highlands of Scotland.
The deal to bring Hawkshead to the town was brokered by surveyors EWS who are also hopeful of finding a new tenant for the neighbouring unit formerly occupied by Clark’s Shoes.
The arrival of Hawkshead was welcomed by Ipswich Central chief executive Paul Clement. He said: “Too often vacant shops hit the headlines.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
- 10 'All about communication' - families seek answers after memorials discarded
“Let’s take the opportunity to celebrate another strong addition to the brand line-up that we already have here in Ipswich.
“Together with the council, we continue to work tremendously hard to attract new names – there will be more new names in 2014.”
The opening date has still to be decided – but it should be trading well before Christmas.