Ipswich: Image salon short-listed for a national award
- Credit: Archant
Voting is open for national awards
Image Beauty Salon has been shortlisted for yet another national accolade.
The family-owned business, in Old Foundry Road, Ipswich, has been announced as a finalist in the BABTAC awards, run annually by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.
The winners will be revealed on June 1.
Last year Image was also a winner when it was named as Best Salon in the UK in the Professional Beauty awards.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Sue Carter said: “We are really proud and privileged to be chosen as finalists in the BABTAC awards.
“It is a great achievement even to get into the top five, and we would love to win it on the public vote.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
“We have been members of the assocation for about two years now.
“They are the governing body for our academy and training school. It is really exciting going to the final, and I am already nevous about it.
“We will be attending the finals on Sunday, June 1 at Wroxall Abbey in Warwickshire. The theme is Twenties and we will all be dressing up.
“One element of winning is for the public to help vote for us,” she added.
The salon is supporting Lighthouse Women’s Aid this month.
Sue said: “We support a lot of charities and good causes with draw prizes over the year and we also select a local charity for special support.
“This month, it is Lighthouse Women’s Aid, who are helping women locally.”
Salon clients can select a range of special treatments during the month, including facials, head or face massage and eyebrow waxing, with 50% of the charge going to the charity appeal, she added.
Image Beauty Salon can be contacted on 01473 808384. To vote for the salon in the BABTAC awards, visit http://babtac.com/large-salon-of-the-year.