Ipswich IT firm Smart 421 to create 100 new jobs as it is rebranded KCOM
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based IT applications specialist has announced plans to create 100 new jobs in the town over the next four years.
The news comes on the day that Smart 421, based at the Felaw Maltings, takes on a new identity as KCOM, part of a brand change being introduced across the KCOM group of which it is part.
KCOM already employs around 250 IT consultants, developers and programmers in Ipswich following a significant increase in new contracts over the past year, with clients including the Association of Train Operating Companies and Telefonica O2.
It ranks as the second-largest IT employer in Suffolk, behind BT at Adastral Park, and now plans to cement this position with the addition of new roles including cloud, technical and solution architects and Java developers.
Graham Masterson, KCOM’s head of consultancy, said: “We are committed to offering our customers excellent service and remain an active part of the Suffolk business community. As KCOM, we are building upon the tremendous progress we have made in Ipswich over the past 10 years, having already grown our headcount here by 120%. We look forward to welcoming new KCOM staff as we deliver our 2020 vision.”
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich MP Ben Gummer said: “KCOM’s growth plans are further evidence of the thriving digital tech community in Ipswich.
“The Government-backed Tech Nation report, released in February this year, stated that Suffolk’s digital companies make-up almost 20% of all the county’s businesses. I am delighted to learn that KCOM is continuing to grow – and 100 new opportunities is a fantastic boost for Ipswich.”
- 1 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 2 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 3 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 4 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 5 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 7 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
Local clients of KCOM include Haven Power, Ipswich Building Society and Hutchison Ports.