Ipswich pub applies to stay open until 1am
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
An Ipswich pub is hoping to stay open later into the night at weekends.
The Mannings pub on the Cornhill has applied to Ipswich Borough Council to extend the hours it is able to sell alcohol on Fridays and Saturdays to 1am.
A spokesperson for Mannings said: “We have submitted an application to extend our hours on a Friday and Saturday night to improve our guest experience. We hope this will provide another reason for people to visit Cornhill.”
The pub is currently open seven days a week until 11pm, except for Sunday when it closes at 10pm.
The pub is known for its karaoke and live music events. Among these have been several recent performances by Essex vocalist Josie Derland.
Mannings has an outside seating area, and is believed to date back to the 16th century.
The pub is part of the Craft Union Pub Company, which manages pubs all over the country.
- 1 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 2 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 3 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 4 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 5 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 6 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 7 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 8 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 9 Pride as Ipswich A Level students celebrate results
- 10 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
Ipswich Borough Council will make its decision in due course.