Ipswich: Quiz nigth boost for charities
- Credit: Archant
Helping charities that help deaf people
One of the biggest quiz events in Ipswich has managed to continue raising a staggering amount of money for a local, national and international charities.
Local hearing care specialists The Hearing Care Centre organised their 7th Charity Quiz Night to help raise money for their chosen charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, as well as Umutara School in Rwanda, who support very vulnerable deaf children.
More than 160 people filled the main hall at Greshams Social Club in Ipswich, for a fun night of difficult trivia, and light-hearted camaraderie with the aim to raise over £1,000.
The Hearing Care Centre, which looks after peoples’ hearing across East Anglia, managed to raise £1,201.00 on the night, taking the amount of money they’ve raised at their annual quiz nights to more than £10,200.
You may also want to watch:
The quiz, hosted by local entrepreneur and charity supporter Steve Flory, saw guests enjoy 9 rounds of spirited rivalry and it was only one point that decided who came out the winners.
Universally Challenged, led by Mr David Spall, finished top winning £100. The second and third place teams also won cash prizes.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
Karen Finch, managing director of The Hearing Care Centre, said, “Our supporters continue to amaze me. Raising this amount of money time after time is just incredible. I must thank everyone who came along, as well as our sponsors whom without them we wouldn’t have such as successful event.
“We are now busy working on our next fundraiser now – so watch this space.”