Coronavirus: Pub gives out care packages to vulnerable neighbours, including toilet rolls
- Credit: The Raven
Caring staff at an Ipswich pub are reaching out to the community - by giving out care packages for those in need.
The team at The Raven pub in Hening Avenue have put together bags of essentials for vulnerable people self-isolating during the coronavirus crisis- including everything from tea bags to all-important toilet rolls.
General manager Elena Staiano said: “We have a close-knit community here in Ravenswood. We are lucky that we can get some items wholesale, so we wanted to get supplies to people who need them.”
She said that, with many older people starting to self-isolate, the pub staff wanted to help to ease the stress as much as possible.
MORE - Follow our Covid-19 updates here“We have put together some little packs including toilet rolls, which are like gold dust at the moment, as well as things like teabags, sugar, biscuits and crisps.”
She added that, since she posted about the bags on Facebook, there had been a great reaction, with many kind offers from people taking the bags to their neighbours.
MORE - Anti-Loo Roll Brigade gets vital supplies to people in IpswichInitially, around 20 bags were made and many have already been given away, but the pub plans to put together some more. It is also hoping to inspire others to take up similar initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
The Raven is still currently open, but taking a wide range of precautionary hygiene measures. The pub posted on Facebook that it had been inundated with kind messages about the care packs, adding: “We want our local to be the heart of the community during this difficult time,”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today