Closure of Ipswich’s Office Outlet gets under way
- Credit: Archant
A closing down sale is under way at Ipswich’s Office Outlet – yet its official end date still remains a mystery.
Stationary giant Office Outlet went into administration earlier this month, placing 1,200 jobs at risk across the nation.
Partners at Deloitte were appointed joint administrators and on Tuesday announced 106 redundancies at Office Outlet’s head office and distribution centre in Northamptonshire.
Earlier this week the Ipswich branch began advertising for its closing down sale – with large posters bearing the slogans ‘Store Closing – Everything Must Go!’ decorating the store’s exterior.
However, when asked Deloitte were unable to confirm when the shop will be closing and the number of job losses this will create.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking of the stores future a Deloitte spokesman said: “The stores will keep trading while a buyer is sought as the business is still being marketed for sale.”
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before