Ipswich sells itself to developers from across the world
- Credit: Archant
A delegation from Ipswich is selling the town at the country’s biggest property show this week – and is confident that they will persuade major potential investors to look at the town’s potential.
A united front from the county and borough councils was on show alongside Ipswich MP Ben Gummer at the MIPIM Expo at Olympia where developers can meet landowners and local authorities.
He was joined by borough council leader David Ellesmere and county council leader Colin Noble, along with county chief executive Deborah Cadman.
Mr Gummer described the Expo as being “like the motor show for the property world” and said the united front from Ipswich had enabled the town to maximise its impact.
It was able to rub shoulders with large cities from the north of England, like Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds while showing off how easy it was to reach from London.
You may also want to watch:
The MP said: “It is very exciting to see the fruits of some serious work over the last few months to bring the town’s offering to the Expo.
“It is very exiting to be able to show off our town to significant numbers of international developers.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 7 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 8 Do you remember having a pint at Ipswich's Sporting Farmer pub?
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“And most of all it is good to see everyone – the county, the borough, the LEP (local enterprise partnership) working so well together to provide a united front to sell the town.”
As well as developers, the Expo also gave authorities the chance to meet some international figures, including some Chinese officials who were part of the delegation accompanying President Xi Jinping on his state visit.