Ipswich software company at industry stategy event
- Credit: Archant
Important role for the region in growth of the IT industry
Ipswich based software development consultancy, IJYI, have been invited to represent the region at a prestigious business leaders strategy event in London, run by internationally renowned consultancy Strategy Insights.
IJYI (pronounced E-G), who are based in Friar’s Courtyard in the centre of Ipswich, have been selected to be one of a few companies to speak at the Strategic IT Europe Meeting in London on October 13.
The event has been organised to give senior decision makers from top organisations across the UK an opportunity to discuss and solve key strategic IT challenges to the business environment in Britain by meeting with some of the country’s top IT brains.
IJYI directors, Chris Pont and John Nicholson, will be sharing their software development skills and solutions with some of the country’s most powerful and influential business leaders.
You may also want to watch:
On being invited to attend and present, director Chris Pont said: “Ipswich and the wider East Anglia area is starting to become recognised as a hub for development expertise and innovative solutions. We are excited to be showcasing our agency’s expertise but also about the potential to meet and present to some of the UK’s top business leaders.
“Our way of working is a much more effective and efficient method for developing software which gives immediate business value to the company involved. It allows the build to be flexible, adaptive and reactive to market change and we’re looking forward to showing off our expertise to the delegates.”
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 9 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 10 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
They will be presenting on DevOps, a software development method which can be hugely beneficial to organisations. Using real examples, IJYI will share how they have transformed some of their clients’ development and deployment practices, using the agile framework, SCRUM, which has resulted in shortened cycle times and increased return on investment (ROI).
SCRUM is a development methodology which helps organisations develop software and applications in incremental chunks, which are then built upon and adapted.
Each year the most innovative and entrepreneurial businesses and individuals from across the country are invited to attend the event, giving young organisations a chance to network and present their products and services to the critique of industry leaders.
IJYI was set up in June 2014 by Chris Pont and John Nicholson. In the first year of business it has grown to be a team of eight with some blue chip clients on the books.