More Seedz products planned for the New Year
- Credit: Archant
A group of students from Ipswich School are taking part in the Young Enterprise Suffolk company programme - and hope their product, a grow-your-own chilli plant kit - wil be hot stuff at Christmas.
The programme challenges students to open their own business, create a product or service and take it to market.
The teenagers have formed Ipswich School Divitae, with a staff of seven, and say the plant kit is the ideal gift for hard-to-buy family members.
Managing director Bertie Titley said: “We are so excited to bring our product to the market. We can’t wait to see it hit the shelves around Suffolk. In these modern times we are also selling Seedz online.”
The product, that is made up of either recycled or recyclable materials is sure to be a winner with the environmentally aware this year and 10% of profits will be donated to ‘Save El Choco’ a rainforest preservation charity.
You may also want to watch:
The most profitable team of the Programme will be announced in the Spring and then go onto the National finals.
“This is my second year as business mentor for Ipswich School. During my first year I supported Thirst Burst, this year Ipswich School Divitae. These young people surprise me every week with their enthusiasm and drive – I feel lucky to be part of the programme,” said Claire Brooks, director of Claire Brooks Consultancy.
- 1 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 2 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
Bertie and the Seedz team are already considering increasing their product line in the New Year.
To buy a chilli kit visit the website: www.seedzbydivitae.com.