Ipswich: Taking up the Ice Bucket Challenge at Fred. Olsen
- Credit: Archant
Cruise Line staff getting cool for charity
Staff at Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines have taken up the Ice Bucket Challenge, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, which is one of its three staff charities for 2014. Fred. Olsen raised nearly £150 in donations on the day, in addition to those colleagues who chose to donate £3 to Macmillan via text message.
Fred. Olsen was nominated by John Cooper at Liverpool Cruise Club and a group of brave staff from the cruise line’s Marketing, Reservations and Agency Sales teams leapt to the Challenge! In turn, Fred. Olsen nominated its cruise ship Braemar to take up the gauntlet, who had 24 hours within which to complete their dare!
Rachael Jackson, public relations manager for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said: “We decided to get involved with the Ice Bucket Challenge because we felt that it was something easy for us to do for such an excellent cause. Whilst we did get very cold and wet, and the weather was not the best, we all had fun and were thrilled with the support that we received from our colleagues, who were cheering us on throughout. Macmillan is close to many of our hearts, with friends and members affected by cancer, and we hope that our efforts help to make a difference to this local charity.”
Here you can see Fred. Olsen staff get an icy soaking in front of their Head Office at Fred. Olsen House in White House Road, Ipswich, on August 22 2014, all in support of an excellent cause;
You may also want to watch:
Fred. Olsen also raised £3,422 for Macmillan Cancer Support through a grand raffle held at its Summer Ball at Trinity Park, Ipswich on July 12, 2014. The ball was attended by staff from Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Fred. Olsen Travel and Fred. Olsen Limited, and the company also donated the same amount to two other local charities, East Anglian Air Ambulance and Crohn’s & Colitis UK, from its fundraising on the evening.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 6 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 7 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car