Two new pizza restaurants 'coming soon' to Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Ipswich is set to welcome two new pizza restaurants.
Fireaway Pizza and Pizza Nappoo Pasta will soon be welcoming their first customers in the heart of Ipswich town centre.
Authentic Italian pizza chain, Fireaway Pizza, is moving into the former Jennings Bet in Upper Brook Street, which closed last year.
The chain, which describes itself as "the home of the Nutella pizza", applied for planning permission to turn the former bookmakers, in Upper Brook Street, into a restaurant and takeaway in November of last year.
In February, Ipswich Borough Council granted full planning permission.
Fireaway Pizza was launched five years ago by Mario Aleppo in south London and now has 61 stores nationwide.
The opening date of the pizza restaurant is not yet clear, however signs have been installed at the shop front and work has been going on inside.
Meanwhile, signs have also been put up for a new pizza and pasta place in Northgate Street, in the former An Vietnamese restaurant.
Pizza Nappoo Pasta is set to take over the old Vietnamese restaurant.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 7 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 8 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
An opening date has not yet been revealed.