Ipswich town centre store Evolution to close down after 15 years
- Credit: Archant
Another shop in Ipswich is shutting its doors for good.
The Buddhist store, Evolution on The Thoroughfare will close on February 22.
It leaves behind a legacy in the Ipswich Buddhist Centre, for which it has raised £100,000 since the shop opened in 1990.
Store manager Buddhasiha, said: “In a way the shop has done what it needs to do, it’s produced money and helped people get deeper into Buddhist practice and now we are just celebrating what it’s been.”
He said the shop had struggled to make money since the credit crunch in 2008 and, because of its location next to the market, its view was often obstructed for passing customers.
The chain will shut all 17 of its UK stores by the end of March.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice