Ipswich town centre store Evolution to close down after 15 years
- Credit: Archant
Another shop in Ipswich is shutting its doors for good.
The Buddhist store, Evolution on The Thoroughfare will close on February 22.
It leaves behind a legacy in the Ipswich Buddhist Centre, for which it has raised £100,000 since the shop opened in 1990.
Store manager Buddhasiha, said: “In a way the shop has done what it needs to do, it’s produced money and helped people get deeper into Buddhist practice and now we are just celebrating what it’s been.”
He said the shop had struggled to make money since the credit crunch in 2008 and, because of its location next to the market, its view was often obstructed for passing customers.
You may also want to watch:
The chain will shut all 17 of its UK stores by the end of March.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal