Ipswich: Willis to axe 20 jobs in efficiency drive
ipswich: Around 20 posts are set to be made redundant as one of Ipswich’s biggest employers aims to maximise business efficiency.
Insurance giant Willis, based in Friars Street, has confirmed the jobs will go from their accounts and settlements department.
A source, who asked not to be named, said those affected have been told the job losses will happen by the end of August.
A spokeswoman for Willis said, despite the redundancies, in the months ahead the company plans to have more staff working in the Ipswich office – the firm’s third largest operation worldwide – than it has working today.
She said: “Like any well-run business, Willis regularly conducts operational reviews in all our locations around the world to maximise our business efficiency and resources to ensure that we have the right people doing the right roles in the right locations.
You may also want to watch:
“After three decades, Ipswich, our third largest global operation, remains a core retail and service centre for the group. In the months ahead, we expect to have more people working in our Ipswich office than we have there today.”
n Are you affected by the redundancies? Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August