Ipswich: Willis to axe 20 jobs in efficiency drive
ipswich: Around 20 posts are set to be made redundant as one of Ipswich’s biggest employers aims to maximise business efficiency.
Insurance giant Willis, based in Friars Street, has confirmed the jobs will go from their accounts and settlements department.
A source, who asked not to be named, said those affected have been told the job losses will happen by the end of August.
A spokeswoman for Willis said, despite the redundancies, in the months ahead the company plans to have more staff working in the Ipswich office – the firm’s third largest operation worldwide – than it has working today.
She said: “Like any well-run business, Willis regularly conducts operational reviews in all our locations around the world to maximise our business efficiency and resources to ensure that we have the right people doing the right roles in the right locations.
“After three decades, Ipswich, our third largest global operation, remains a core retail and service centre for the group. In the months ahead, we expect to have more people working in our Ipswich office than we have there today.”
n Are you affected by the redundancies? Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 9 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
- 10 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign