Competition to name adorable baby reindeer born at Jimmy's Farm
- Credit: Jimmy's Farm and Wildlife Park
A competition has been launched by Jimmy's Farm and Wildlife Park near Ipswich to name a newly-born reindeer.
The public is being asked to name the little calf – without a red nose or a name – by going to the social media platform Instagram and leaving a comment.
Staff will then select the best name suggested.
Owner Jimmy Doherty said: “I love this time of the year when our reindeer are calving. This female calf is just adorable.”
A spokesman for Jimmy’s Farm & Wildlife Park added: “Reindeer are a vulnerable species, and this female calf will go to a new zoo when she is older and hopefully have calves of her own.
You may also want to watch:
"We are letting the public decide her name, which will stay with her all throughout her life and journey.”
This is not the first baby animal born to the farm this year, with a tapir in April becoming the first of its kind birthed in Suffolk.
Search Jimmy’s Farm and Wildlife Park on Instagram for more.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL