Joanna Lumley’s boost for an Ipswich business
- Credit: Archant
Absolutely Fabulous supporter for Where Does it Come From?
Well-known environmentalist, and television and film star Joanna Lumley has expressed for support for an ethically-sound Ipswich-based business.
Absolutley Fabulous star Joanna Lumley is now wearing a scarf - from India - supplied by the Jo Salter’s Where Does It Come From? business.
Ipswich mum Jo has set up her business with complete traceability, and fair trading rewards, for the makers of the clothes she sells.
And it is one of the EADT Green 100 businesses.
Jo Salter said: “We were delighted to receive a mesage of appreciation from Joanna Lumley,”
“While Ms Lumley was in Suffolk participating in the recent Aldeburgh Documentary Festival we were able to pass on a scarf to her as a sign of our appreciation for her continuing support for the environment and traditional cultures.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
“Helen Oldfield, a friend and supporter, was running the PR for the event and was able to put the scarf into Ms Lumley’s hands on our behalf. This week we received an email from Ms Lumley’s assistant telling us how much she loved the scarf and that she had really enjoyed tracing the journey of how it was made – seeing photos and reading stories about the people and processes. Ms Lumley plans to wear the scarf in a documentary about India which she will be making shortly.”
Joanna Lumley said: “This enchanting elephant scarf is now my favourite.”