Are you an aspiring reporter? We could have the job for you
- Credit: DAVID GARRAD
The pandemic has made us all look at the paths we took in life and question whether we made the right choices.
Months of enforced isolation has given us time to take stock of our lives and look at what is actually important, what makes us happy and what we want to change.
For some that has been starting a new business and others relocating to a more rural area now they can work from home.
If the pandemic has made you reconsider your career choice, and left you wishing you had followed a more creative route that would allow you to meet new people every day, use your writing talents to engage readers and delve into the issues which impact your community then our team at Archant Suffolk could help.
We are looking for someone keen to get into media industry - be it someone who has not had the opportunity to study journalism, or someone who is looking for a new vocation.
The ideal candidate will be sociable, possess good communication skills - both written and oral - and have a passion for local news.
You may also want to watch:
We have a vacancy in our busy Ipswich newsroom for someone who knows and loves Ipswich and the rest of Suffolk, and wants to learn about political reporting, court coverage, and community news.
We pride ourselves on being the voice of Ipswich, championing the cause of those who need our support and holding those in power to account, ensuring they provide the very best service to the people of this town.
- 1 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 2 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 3 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 4 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 5 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 6 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 7 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 8 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 9 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 10 Teenager, 17, charged with possession of offensive weapon after incident
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of social media and how that can help us interact with readers, as well as traditional networking skills that will help you understand the issues that matter to our audience.
You must have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment where we juggle multiple deadlines throughout the day to ensure our readers are given the latest news whether they are reading our traditional print products, or reading online, via social or on an app.
If you think this could be you email me with your story.