Keep the Suffolk pound in Suffolk - shop local
- Credit: Archant
Town Topics with Ipswich Chamber of Commerce
As Christmas literally is just around the corner the Chamber in Ipswich and across the whole of Suffolk has been encouraging people to buy local.
Whereas many towns and counties I am sure will make the same call, here in Ipswich we have so much to be proud of when it comes to investing in local retail.
Our shops and retailers showcase high quality food and drink, we have local arts and crafts and the selection of high street stores is more impressive than ever.
Shopping locally sees the Suffolk pound staying in Suffolk. It supports business and employment and it encourages those great traits we are renowned for – entrepreneurial spirit and hard work.
You may also want to watch:
December 6th 2014 saw ‘Small Business Saturday’ take place. This national campaign, which many towns including Ipswich took part in was about increasing awareness and the viability and breadth of independently owned and run business. It also saw in our county the real difference retail can and does make in driving the local economy.
It is not about buying in bulk either.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 4 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 10 Ipswich man charged with GBH following alleged stabbing
Local traders tell us that small regular purchases from local people goes a long way to supporting local business over the festive period.
We have lots to offer local people and those visiting our town from afar. Let’s do all we can to support our local economy and recognise that there is no better time to buy local and no better place to do it than in Ipswich.
Ipswich Chamber of Commerce