Kesgrave: Staff join fun run in memory of loved colleague
- Credit: Archant
Kesgrave estate agents on the run
Fourteen members of staff, family members and friends from Fenn Wright are joining the Kesgrave 5km Fun Run on Sunday May 4 aiming to raise at least £500 for St Elizabeth Hospice who cared for one of their colleagues during his terminal illness.
The Fun Run is organised by Debbie McCallum, landlady of the Kesgrave Bell pub which is next to the new Fenn Wright Property Shop on Main Road, Kesgrave.
She instigated it as an off-shoot of the Kesgrave Music Festival, set up to raise money in memory of her friend Kate Moyes,29, from Hadleigh, who died in August 2005 after developing a very aggressive form of cancer.
The joint events have raised over £100,000 since their inception.
You may also want to watch:
Fenn Wright Partner and Head of Residential Sales at Kesgrave Charlie Wright said taking part in the Fun Run was just the start of the firm becoming involved in the local community.
He said: “I feel there is no better way than to participate in such a worthwhile cause, which is in any case close to our hearts following the recent death of a dear member of our team who was well looked after at the St Elizabeth Hospice.,” he said. “ We are looking to raise £500 and to have an enjoyable day with our neighbours.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 'Mortified' mum who was too big to fit in airplane seatbelt loses 8st
Those taking part from Fenn Wright are Toby Spencer Campbell, Sophie Young, NIchola Faulkner, Emma Ruddell, Alistair Mitchell, Stella Mitchell, Mark Drummond, Gavin Keats, Charlene Goudkuil, Davinia Crack, Rebecca Tang, James Hockey, Drew Olley and Charlie Everest.
Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so through the Fenn Wright website www.fennwright.co.uk or https://www.justgiving.com/Fenn-Wright