Kiko Milano closes suddenly in Ipswich’s main high street
- Credit: TIM LEGGETT
A cosmetics store in Ipswich town centre is the latest business to close its doors permanently, leaving another empty unit in the town’s high street.
Kiko Milano, which has been operating in Tavern Street for the past four years, has closed its Ipswich store.
The makeup chain has more than 40 stores across the UK and moved into the former home of Sole Trader after it closed back in 2016, leaving the shoe chain’s four members of staff redundant.
At the time, Sole Trader said the unit was “too small”, however they are yet to open a larger store in the town.
MORE: Ipswich Sole Trader has closed and set to be replaced by Kiko Milano cosmetics storeIpswich Central said they had not heard anything official from Kiko’s head office regarding a permanent closure, however the makeup brand confirmed the store was shut on Twitter.
In response to a tweet, Kiko Milano, said: “We are sorry to inform you that our store in Ipswich has closed, but if you like our products, you can still get your Kiko fix on our official website.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ipswich site is also listed on Kiko’s list of closed UK shops on its website.The makeup chain, which was founded in 1997 in Milan, still has a store in Norwich’s Intu Chapelfield and also in the Grand Arcade in Cambridge.
The Italian cosmetics brand has been undergoing a number of UK closures in recent years.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 4 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 See Ipswich pub's journey from inn and Cindy's nightclub to church cafe
Its unit at Bluewater shopping centre in Kent and a store in Romford have also closed down.
It continues to operate shops in several prime locations including Westfield London and Westfield Stratford, in Oxford Street and Regent Street.
Kiko Milano has been approached for a comment.