Ipswich store slashes prices to clear stock on last day
- Credit: Archant
An eccentric stationery store in the heart of Ipswich has cut its prices in a bid to clear stock on its final day of trading.
Ohh Deer, in Thoroughfare, will close its doors for the last time today (Tuesday, May 21).
The shop revealed it would be closing earlier this month, and began a closing down sale.
And now prices have been slashed once again, as the store adds a 20% discount on to all remaining sale prices.
MORE: 'There is a crisis on the high street' - Why Ipswich town centre must adapt to surviveEarlier this month the store's owners Mark Callaby and Jamie Mitchell explained the reason behind the closure.
They said: "Due to the decline of retail over the years, we will sadly be closing our Ipswich store.
"The decision has been made to close down the store in order to focus on and develop the more profitable areas of the business".
You may also want to watch:
As well as stores in Ipswich and Loughborough, Ohh Deer supplies cards to other retailers such as Paperchase, Waterstones and Sainsbury's.
This month has seen multiple store closure announcements hit the town - with Riley & Riley Jewellers in Buttermarket, Trespass in Westgate Street and Cotswold Outdoors in Tavern Street all calling time.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal