Ipswich store slashes prices to clear stock on last day
- Credit: Archant
An eccentric stationery store in the heart of Ipswich has cut its prices in a bid to clear stock on its final day of trading.
Ohh Deer, in Thoroughfare, will close its doors for the last time today (Tuesday, May 21).
The shop revealed it would be closing earlier this month, and began a closing down sale.
And now prices have been slashed once again, as the store adds a 20% discount on to all remaining sale prices.
MORE: 'There is a crisis on the high street' - Why Ipswich town centre must adapt to surviveEarlier this month the store's owners Mark Callaby and Jamie Mitchell explained the reason behind the closure.
They said: "Due to the decline of retail over the years, we will sadly be closing our Ipswich store.
"The decision has been made to close down the store in order to focus on and develop the more profitable areas of the business".
As well as stores in Ipswich and Loughborough, Ohh Deer supplies cards to other retailers such as Paperchase, Waterstones and Sainsbury's.
This month has seen multiple store closure announcements hit the town - with Riley & Riley Jewellers in Buttermarket, Trespass in Westgate Street and Cotswold Outdoors in Tavern Street all calling time.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station