Owners are planning to invest in Ipswich garden centre
- Credit: Archant
Laurel Farm Garden centre in Ipswich has been sold for an undisclosed sum.
The centre, n Henley Road, has been purchased by another long-established Suffolk business, Lings Garden Store, which is based at Martlesham Heath Retail Park.
It has not been disclosed how much Laurel Farm has sold for but it was on the market with specialist horticultural agents Quinton Edwards with a guide price of £995,000.
Laurel Farm Garden Centre remains open as usual, seven days a week, following the purchase.
A spokesman for the new owners said they planned to invest in Laurel Farm, which is a larger site with additional buildings, services and stock.
You may also want to watch:
They would be introducing some of the product range that Lings at Martlesham was known for, including garden sheds and garden outbuildings
“We are planning to invest in the buildings and the Laurel Farm site,” he said.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
Laurel Farm Garden Centre is in open countryside close to the junction between Henley Road, and Lower Road, Westerfield.
The centre was opened in 1985 and is a four acre site that includes glasshouses and other garden centre buildings with outside display areas.
There is also a farm shop, a cafe and a Clara Bowe Vintage Shop, along with a six-bedroom tied house providing accommodation on site.
It has access from Henley Road to a large parking area, leading to a range of wooden buildings, outside display areas and a range of glasshouses.