Solicitors’ see-through bike shed makes ideal ‘signing station’ for wills
- Credit: Archant
A law firm’s newly-installed bike shed has found a higher purpose during the coronavirus lockdown.
Barker Gotelee Solicitors, based at Martlesham, near Ipswich, faced some challenges after social distancing rules made it difficult to carry out will signings safely.
As one of the firm’s key services, it was keen to find a way around the problem.
MORE – Town ‘could prove magnet to London buyers’ as lockdown shifts perceptions about work and lifeVirtual meetings on Skype and Zoom allowed solicitors to consult with clients prior to making the will and drafts could be emailed for approval – but the signing of a will is something that can only be done physically.
Legal eagles at the firm quickly spied the ideal solution.
The safe perspex barrier, sheltered from the weather, made the bike shelter an ideal compromise.
You may also want to watch:
Two Barker Gotelee staff can witness the will signing from outside, and once signed, clients can just get straight back in their cars without having to enter the office.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 6 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 7 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker