Solicitors’ see-through bike shed makes ideal ‘signing station’ for wills
- Credit: Archant
A law firm’s newly-installed bike shed has found a higher purpose during the coronavirus lockdown.
Barker Gotelee Solicitors, based at Martlesham, near Ipswich, faced some challenges after social distancing rules made it difficult to carry out will signings safely.
As one of the firm’s key services, it was keen to find a way around the problem.
MORE – Town ‘could prove magnet to London buyers’ as lockdown shifts perceptions about work and lifeVirtual meetings on Skype and Zoom allowed solicitors to consult with clients prior to making the will and drafts could be emailed for approval – but the signing of a will is something that can only be done physically.
Legal eagles at the firm quickly spied the ideal solution.
The safe perspex barrier, sheltered from the weather, made the bike shelter an ideal compromise.
You may also want to watch:
Two Barker Gotelee staff can witness the will signing from outside, and once signed, clients can just get straight back in their cars without having to enter the office.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused