The Ipswich charity helping construction workers battle mental health problems
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich charity which offers support to tradesmen and their families going through mental health or financial problems is being backed by a leading UK construction supplier.
Hudson Contract is supporting the Lighthouse Club throughout Mental Health Awareness Week, from May 13 to May 19.
More than 2,200 construction SMEs trust Hudson to deliver audit contract and payroll services, and it will publish an advert for the Lighthouse Club's Construction Industry Helpline on the back of 28,000 paper tax statements.
MORE: Five warning signs your colleague may be suffering from an eating disorderThe advert will be visible to a further 23,000 people on the company's online subcontractor portal.
Ian Anfield,of Hudson, said: "Everyone knows someone who has been affected by mental ill health and will understand how important it is that help is available whenever and wherever someone needs it.
"We are proud to be backing the Lighthouse Club and its invaluable services to let people know that potentially life-saving support is just a phone call away."
Last year, the helpline supported 1,662 families in crisis and delivered nearly £1.5m in emergency financial aid.
Bill Hill, chief executive for the charity, added: "Thank you to Hudson Contract for helping us spread the word about our 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline. With two construction workers taking their own life every single working day, it's vital that no worker ever feels alone in a crisis.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
"We provide both financial and emotional wellbeing support to everyone in the industry and their families and we can't do that without the support of those companies within the industry and those that support them."