Bjorn the ‘life-like’ polar bear set to greet festive shoppers at Ipswich mall
- Credit: Archant
A life-like polar bear will be breaking the ice at an Ipswich shopping centre as the festive retail season gets into full swing.
Bjorn and his Arctic conservationist companion will be at the Buttermarket centre at 2pm and 5pm on Saturday, November 24, accompanied by some fascinating facts about the massive carnivore displayed on the first floor mall by Creams Café, Superbowl UK and Empire.
Centre manager Allan Hassell said staff were “very excited” as they looked forward to a a busy Christmas period at the centre.
The Buttermarket has seen footfall rise by 3% compared to last year, with its anchor tenants, Empire Cinema and Superbowl UK, continuing to exceed targets and restaurants also expected to perform “very well” this quarter, he said.
“We only anticipate sales to grow even more throughout the festive season as we give customers more reasons to visit,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted to be able to offer our customers a marvellous programme of events in the lead-up to Christmas to help get everyone into the festive spirit.
“We hope our customers enjoy our special visitor Bjorn the polar bear and look forward to welcoming new and existing visitors into the centre over the festive season.”
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 4 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 5 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 6 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 7 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 8 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park