Lynn’s new boutique in historic shopping street
- Credit: Archant
Vote of confidence in Ipswich as a shopping centre
Ipswich businesswoman Lynn Turner is branching out with a new venture in town.
Lynn, who has been running her Cake and Catwalk boutique inside the Jerwood DanceHouse, at Ipswich Waterfront for five years - is about to open her second shop.
The new Cake and Catwalk shop is in St Peter’s Street, Ipswich, already packed full of independent shops and traders, in one of the many historic buildings.
It is next door to the Italian Shirt Shop and Mint & Myrtle flower shop.
Lynn, with the help of husband Jerry Turner, has been decorating and fitting out the boutique for its first day of trading.
Lynn said: “I have always wanted to have a shop in St Peter’s Street, It is the nicest part of Ipswich, a lovely street and a conduit to the Waterfront.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
“There is a tremendous mix of independent business here and I want to be part of it.
“I am passionate about Ipswich, as you know.
“The town needs more independents. The more the merrier.”
The new Cake & Catwalk will have women’s clothing, handbags and accessories.
Lynn, and Jerry Turner, better known from his years as a photographer as well as in property renovation, have been busy getting the new shop ready.
He has fitted it out with furniture and fittings he has restored or hand-made.
Lynn added: “I have had tremendous support, from Jerry my husband.
“He has been absolutely brilliant. I couldn’t do it without him.”
The first Cake and Catwalk at the Waterfront is also remaining open.
Lynn explained: “It is going to continue, but with some differences, with new products and more people comining in and more of a co-operative.”