Lynn’s new boutique in historic shopping street
- Credit: Archant
Vote of confidence in Ipswich as a shopping centre
Ipswich businesswoman Lynn Turner is branching out with a new venture in town.
Lynn, who has been running her Cake and Catwalk boutique inside the Jerwood DanceHouse, at Ipswich Waterfront for five years - is about to open her second shop.
The new Cake and Catwalk shop is in St Peter’s Street, Ipswich, already packed full of independent shops and traders, in one of the many historic buildings.
It is next door to the Italian Shirt Shop and Mint & Myrtle flower shop.
Lynn, with the help of husband Jerry Turner, has been decorating and fitting out the boutique for its first day of trading.
Lynn said: “I have always wanted to have a shop in St Peter’s Street, It is the nicest part of Ipswich, a lovely street and a conduit to the Waterfront.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 7 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
“There is a tremendous mix of independent business here and I want to be part of it.
“I am passionate about Ipswich, as you know.
“The town needs more independents. The more the merrier.”
The new Cake & Catwalk will have women’s clothing, handbags and accessories.
Lynn, and Jerry Turner, better known from his years as a photographer as well as in property renovation, have been busy getting the new shop ready.
He has fitted it out with furniture and fittings he has restored or hand-made.
Lynn added: “I have had tremendous support, from Jerry my husband.
“He has been absolutely brilliant. I couldn’t do it without him.”
The first Cake and Catwalk at the Waterfront is also remaining open.
Lynn explained: “It is going to continue, but with some differences, with new products and more people comining in and more of a co-operative.”