Major refurbishment for the Royal George pub in Colchester Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich pub, the Royal George, has re-opened following an extensive makeover to breathe new life into the popular venue.
The Flaming Grill pub in Colchester Road, re-opened its doors, introducing a new flame grill inspired décor as well as new furniture and kitchen equipment.
The Royal George also showcased a chargrill menu focused on steaks and grills, delivered on hot skillets that sizzle when served to bring a touch of theatre to the dish.
Returning to the menu are Flaming Grill’s infamous food challenges including the Trash Can Challenge.
True to its name this ultimate challenge is a trash can lid full of a giant rack of ribs, a large cheese and bacon burger, a chilli beef sundae, southern fried chicken skewer, onion rings, corn on the cob, and double baked beans – topped off with a triple portion of chips.
You may also want to watch:
General manager at the Royal George, Nicki Barter said: “The opening has been a flaming triumph with great feedback from regulars on the delicious menu and fantastic new interiors.
“Some brave locals have already taken on the 1kg Flaming Challenge Burger but few have succeeded in finishing the whole plate. We look forward to welcoming more guests to the Royal George try out the dishes for themselves.”
- 1 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 2 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car