Mayor opens KLH architects office extension
- Credit: Archant
Expansion celebrations at KLH architects
The Mayor of Ipswich, councillor Glen Chisholm, has officially opened KLH Architects’ new purpose built office extension in Ipswich.
The Suffolk based RIBA chartered architects have gone through a period of substantial growth recently, welcoming six new members to the team in the first half of 2015, and winning several projects which will dramatically change the face of Ipswich in coming months.
In order to accommodate this influx of new talent, the bosses at the award winning firm decided to start work on a generous new extension, which was designed in-house and project managed by director Robert Keeble.
The whole build was undertaken by local builder Toby Downing.
You may also want to watch:
Performing the official opening in front of a gathering of employees, clients and industry colleagues, The Mayor said:
“KLH Architects are an impressive and growing team who are playing their part in a number of important projects across the town. I was honoured to be invited to come and reside over the official opening and I am sure the new extension is going to be a hive of creativity for many years to come.”
- 1 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon
KLH Architects’ director, Alan Howard added: “This has been a real landmark year for KLH Architects. Our team has grown in number and talent meaning we can now offer a more diverse and expanded service, and as a consequence we’ve won a number of prestigious projects around Ipswich and greater Suffolk. I think that the new extension represents the practices’ growth and success over the last year, and it has been a great opportunity to celebrate with friends of the practice and thank them for their continued support. ”
KLH Architects is an RIBA chartered practice which provide design, planning and project management expertise in healthcare, residential, commercial and leisure development in East Anglia and London.
They recently won an award for their work on the restoration of Ipswich Regent, have designed the new Two Rivers Medical Centre which is currently under construction on Woodbridge Road and are the creative team behind the Broomhill swimming pool bid.