Ipswich town-centre noodle bar is latest eaterie to reopen for delivery
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A popular town-centre Ipswich noodle bar is reopening for deliveries and collections only.
Mizu Noodle Bar, on the Cornhill, closed during the lockdown, but is resuming its delivery services from Tuesday, May 12.
The opening of the restaurant, which is known for its Pan-Asian dishes, was announced on its Facebook page, in a post saying: “We’re back open from Tuesday. Please be aware there may be a limited menu due to current supply chain restrictions.
“We will have social distancing measures in place to protect our customers and our staff for both collections and delivery.”
The company added: “Please bear with us during our busiest periods, as wait times may be longer than usual.”
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant is the latest in the town to reopen as a takeaway, following the news that McDonald’s at Cardinal Park is reopening for delivery only on Wednesday this week.
Customers are being asked to pay over the phone when ordering, or, if they pay cash, staff will ensure that the two-metre rule social distancing rule is observed at all times when collecting or delivering food.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 3 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 4 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 5 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 6 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 7 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 10 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
News of the reopening is already getting a warm welcome from staff and customers.
READ MORE - McDonald’s to reopen for deliveries in IpswichWaiter and delivery driver Harry Wall said: “I’m looking forward to going back to work, and have seen on social media that there are a lot of excited customers.”
He added: “I am looking forward to having some of the food again too!”
Mizu’s Facebook post about the reopening has had dozens of likes and comments from customers saying how they are looking forward to eating the noodles again.
Its new opening hours will be from 4pm-9.30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, and from 4pm to 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
To order, call 01473 288839, or visit @MizuRestaurantsIpswich on Facebook for more information.