Ipswich Monsoon set to close next week
- Credit: Archant
The Monsoon store in Ipswich town centre is closing down next week – according to signs in the shop window.
Posters displayed in the store on Westgate Street, which is near Primark and Marks & Spencer, say that the shop will close on Saturday, July 13.
The sign reads: "This store is closing on 13th July. Visit your nearest Monsoon in Debenhams."
The closure of the fashion store, which caters for women and children, is the latest high street store to leave the town.
Read more: 'Town is getting very quiet' - Fears grow as more Ipswich shops reveal closure plans
You may also want to watch:
Monsoon also has stores in Colchester and Bury St Edmunds - along with concessions in Debenhams.
Earlier this year, Monsoon wrongly declared that it was planning to close its Ipswich store, after what was said to be an 'internal miscommunication'.
Monsoon have been approached for comment - but at this time the reason for the closure is still unknown.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers