More success for Suffolk Canine Creche
- Credit: Archant
Martlesham business a regional winner in National Apprenticeship Awards
There has been more awards success for the Suffolk Canine Creche, based at Martlesham.
The East Anglian Daily Times, Small Business of the Year Finalist, sponsored by Piccasso HR, has continued to impress by winning the EAST OF ENGLAND Regional Small Business Employer of the Year at the National Apprenticeship Awards held at Rowley Mile Conference Centre, Newmarket.
Suffolk Canine Creche will now submit an extended application to be considered for the UK National Award and if successful will attend the National Apprenticeship Presentation in London in January 2016. They will also be considered for the Top 100 list of businesses working with apprentices.
The Suffolk business employs five apprentices who have completed level 2 & 3 courses since 2013 and they have been key to developing the business, they are all in employment with the crèche albeit some have finish their apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
Candace Rose, the own said the business model is unique in the UK and therefore it is important to cultivate the business and develop animal handling skills as well providing the industry with future up-skilled employees.
She has a policy to only take an apprentice on that will have a full-time job at the end of the programme.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 3 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert