Nail salon social night to help women’s charity
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Emma-Jayne Fryatt and the team at Nail Artisty UK are hosting a special charity event on Tuesday August 4 to help local charity Lighthouse.
Nail Artisty, in Edge salon at 1 St Peter’s Street, is hosting an evening of fun, music - and attractive nails, for women to support this important charity.
Lighthouse, formerly Ipswich Women’s Aid, provides assistance for women facing crises in their lives, including those who are victims of domestic violence.
The evening will include an explanation of the work of the charity.
There will be business networking, canapes, music and a raffle during the evening, which starts at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Emma-Jayne Fryatt said of Nail Artistry UK said “We wanted to do something special to celebrate our first year anniversary in St Peter’s Street, and raise lots of money for this important charity.
“The charity supports women going through domestic violence and coming out of it.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
“Due to the nature of their work they don’t get a lot of publicity. We would like to raise their profile.
“The aim of the evening is to get together with people from the many independent local businesses.
“It is a chance for us to meet with other local businesses and see how we can support each other. And we wanted to say thank you to our lovely customers who have supported us here.
“We have live music with songs from Stephanie Gilmour and we have had lots of support from the local businesses for the prize raffle.
“The prizes include treatments, for nails of course, and for hair by Edge Salon.”
Raffle tickets can also be bought in advance of the evening.
“We want to raise lots of money for the charity,” added Emma.