New appointments at regional law firm
- Credit: Archant
Prettys predicts positive year with the expansion of six client teams
East Anglian law firm Prettys has announced the expansion of six practice teams by hiring an additional seven people, three of whom will be located in the Ipswich office, and predicting a buoyant year ahead.
The firm reports that it has seen a 23% increase in new instructions across their commercial and private teams since the start of the financial year, compared to the same period in the previous financial year, with particular activity in the construction, property investment and financial sectors across the region.
Prettys CEO, Ian Carr said, “I am delighted to be able to expand six of our practice teams and grow our offices in Ipswich and Chelmsford. I am very positive about further growth this year and continuing to deliver a high quality service to all our clients.”
The teams benefiting from expansion are, corporate and commercial, family law, estates, personal injury, residential property, and employment in both the Ipswich and Chelmsford offices.
You may also want to watch:
The Employment team in Ipswich is growing with the addition of Sarah Furniss and Sheilah Cummins in response to the increased range of employment services that Prettys now offers including support with tax, pensions and immigration issues.
Providing additional expertise to the Corporate Services team in Chelmsford is Miz Choudhury who will be assisting businesses on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 9 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August
With more people climbing on and up the property ladder, Prettys has welcomed Raunuk Wahiwala to the Residential Property team in Chelmsford.
To complement the services offered from the Estates team in Chelmsford, consultant, Natalie Smith will be available to offer expert advice.
The final addition to the Chelmsford office is Sophie Harriman who has joined the Family Law team to help deliver a bespoke service to clients depending on their individual needs.
Finally, the personal injury team in Ipswich has welcomed Jade Boyle who will add her knowledge and experience as a Litigation Executive in the insurance department.