New headquarters for Birketts takes shape in Ipswich business district
- Credit: Archant
The new headquarters building for major East Anglian law company Birketts is rapidly taking shape in the heart of Ipswich’s business district.
The £12m five-storey building is going up in Princes Street on the site of the former pool centre and the steel frame has now been completed after work started shortly before Christmas.
The building is due to be completed in early 2018 and will provide accommodation for about 250 staff who currently work from offices in Museum Street in Ipswich.
The offices are being built for Birketts by Churchmanor Estates and once they are completed the freehold will be owned by Ipswich council – from whom Birketts will rent the building.
Company chief executive Jonathan Agar said: “The new build of our flagship office in the Princes Street corridor is progressing at pace. We anticipate taking occupancy in spring 2018, the beginning of a fantastic new era for Birketts.
“This move will allow our business to continue to flourish, while providing enough space to fulfil our ambitious growth plans.”
James Austin, Senior Partner at Birketts, added: “We employ approximately 260 highly skilled lawyers and business support staff in Ipswich: almost half of the firm’s workforce.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 3 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 4 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 5 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
“Top quality office space is an absolutely crucial part of our recruitment, retention and reward programme as we look to further grow the business.”