Ipswich community post office services resume after Tesco closure
- Credit: Archant
A former Tesco Express store in Ipswich is set to have its Post Office services restored.
The shop in Bramford Road, which was previously known as Adair Road Post Office, will have its services resumed on February 6 after reopening as a Costcutter.
The store, which is open daily from 6am to 11pm, will offer customers banking services, postage, home shopping returns and local collect services at the till.
Mohammed Islam, change manager at Post Office, said: "We are delighted to be restoring Post Office service to the Adair Road area of Ipswich.
"We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents."
You may also want to watch:
Customers in the area had been without a local shop offering post office services since Tesco's closure in March 2019 - which was blamed on the store's size.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light