Sofology eyeing up move to former Oak Furnitureland store at Futura Park
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Furniture company Sofology is eyeing up a move to the former Oak Furnitureland unit after the shop closed its doors for good.
Plans to install Sofology signage on the Futura Park unit have been submitted to Ipswich Borough Council, after a consultation period saw the wooden furniture shop's closure confirmed.
The consultation period was launched last month after "everything must go" signs were placed outside the store in time for its April 12 reopening post-lockdown.
A spokeswoman for the store said four members of staff have been made redundant.
The spokeswoman said: "After undergoing a consultation period, we have made the difficult decision to close our Ipswich showroom.
"Four employees will unfortunately be made redundant, and one colleague will transfer to an alternative showroom."
You may also want to watch:
The nearest showroom is now in Colchester, which brought seven new jobs to the town when it opened last month.
Sofology were approached for comment.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal