Ipswich’s Office Outlet has shut down
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Office Outlet has closed down.
In March, 1,200 jobs were put at risk across the country when the giant stationery company fell into administration.
Deloitte were appointed joint administrators and the following month announced 16 branches and 161 jobs would be lost in a wave of store closures as the retailer searched for a new owner.
The firm's Ipswich branch, in Russell Road, survived these first round of store closures in April.
However, last month it closed its doors for the final time.
You may also want to watch:
While signs advertising the store's closure had been in place since late March, management remained tight-lipped about the site's closing date.
The store has now closed down with signs above the entrance and exit stating: "This store is now closed. The management and staff would like to thank you for your custom."
Ipswich town centre will also lose another national retailer later this week when Monsoon closes down its Westgate Street store.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 6 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 7 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge