Roofer hits ground running with recycled plastic driveways business
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich businessman is set to provide recycled driveways made out of plastic waste after joining forces with a national franchise.
Mark Betts, who has 35 years' experience running his family roofing business, stumbled across Oltco and its Recycle Bound sustainable resin driveway product - made from straws, plastic drink bottles and plastic food packaging from recycling points - while on holiday in Cornwall.
"I met Oltco's co-director, Johnny (Pearce), the very next day and instantly knew that launching Oltco Ipswich and being a part of this exciting and ground-breaking business was the right step to take," he said.
MORE - 'Great news' as Smart Garden Offices acquired by management team after previous owner bows outHe has now taken on its first East Anglian franchise, operating across Ipswich and surrounding areas, including Aldeburgh, Felixstowe and Stowmarket.
Recycle Bound aims to help combat the global issue of plastic waste by using up the equivalent of 3,000 used plastic straws over each square metre area.
"I knew that it was a business I wanted to be a part of. After 35 years working in roofing, I had recently decided it was time to try something new and embark on a new challenge," said Mr Betts.
You may also want to watch:
Oltco co-director Mr Pearce said: "Mark's passion for Recycle Bound made us instantly excited about the idea of him joining the team and launching Oltco in Ipswich."
Co-director Tom Stringer said: "Mark's experience of building a successful business and a loyal team, gave us the confidence that he was the right man for the job from the moment we met him.
- 1 Former prison inmate opens up about time at Hollesley Bay
- 2 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 3 Plea for last 1 in 5 to get Covid jab - and ignore anti-vaxxers' 'nonsense'
- 4 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 5 Review, The Lion, East Bergholt: ‘Just what this part of Suffolk needed’
- 6 Inside the work of a custody visitor – and how you can become one too
- 7 Did you ever visit Ipswich's Emperor Inn pub?
- 8 Could you take on this pub's 7 'Man vs Food' challenges?
- 9 Ahoy there! Spot yourself at fort's pirate weekend
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our Copdock Motorcycle Show gallery?
"He is an awesome, down to earth and genuine guy with a fantastic, hard-working team who have undergone extensive training at our HQ in Cornwall.
"The team amazed us at how quickly they picked up the skills required to deliver our outstanding results."